Are you unemployed and looking to cultivate new opportunities for the future? Do you have experience or are you interested in the agri-food sector? Do you have a brilliant idea for entrepreneurship in the agro-ecological field? Do you want to learn how to become an entrepreneur? The 'Semillas' programme is tailor-made for you. The ultimate goal: to stimulate your employability in the agri-food sector and your entrepreneurial spirit.
This last year has been very complicated and perhaps for you it has been especially difficult on the work front. In the last few months you've become increasingly worried about the economy and the future. Perhaps you are worried about a long period of unemployment, or about not being able to carry out a business idea that you were thinking about before the pandemic arrived. Maybe you are a woman who is a little nervous about venturing in a new sector, but it is an option that you value in order to keep moving forward. Or you may have been working in the agroecological sector for years, but you are looking for more stability and recognition. If you identify with any of these situations, the 'Semillas' programme may be of interest to you to achieve your goals.
This training is carried our under the framework of the InnovAgroWoMed project, which is developed by the University of Rome and four social entities: CESIE from Sicily, CAWTAR from Tunisia, ASALA from Palestine, and the association Jovesólides from Spain.
The course, which is of free access, will consist of a blended learning format and will take place from May 14, 2021 to January 31, 2022. The classes will take place in the City of Valencia. In addition, you will have the opportunity to participate in:
A winter camp in Sicily, a space for exchange and work with women from different areas of the Mediterranean.
- A personalised tutoring and coaching programme.
- A 3-month programme of internships in entities of the sector, or workshops for the implementation of a business idea.
- Workshops for the development of social entrepreneurship.
- An agro-employment forum in which to make contact with relevant actors in the agro-ecological sector.
- A programme of grants of up to 15,000 euros in total for entrepreneurship.
Should you be selected to participated in the programme, you will have access to educational material created by experts in the sector. You will also receive a free laptop in order to combat the potential digital divide. And finally, you will receive a certificate of completion of the programme.
Who can participate?
This course has been designed for a group of 35 women from the Valencian Community. You must be between 18 and 45 year old and be unemployed. It will be positively valued, although it will not be decisive: to have higher education, experience in the sector, initiative when it comes to entrepreneurship and knowledge in ICT.
These are training modules, which will last a total of 640 hours (here you can consult the complete programme:
- MODULE 1- Social innovation in the agro-ecological sector
- MODULE 2 - Sustainability and the agro-ecological sector
- MODULE 3 - Business and entrepreneurship skills
- MODULE 4 - Digital skills applied to the agro-ecological sector
- MODULE 5 - Equality and Community Empowerment
- MODULE 6 - Theoretical-practical training in the agro-ecological sector
If you are interested in being part of the 'Semillas' programme, you can now register with this form to participate in the selection process. The deadline for registration is the 10th of May.
To follow updates on the InnovAgroWoMed project, funded by the European Union through the ENI CBCMed programme, follow the hashtag #InnovAgroWomed.