After the success of the first edition, the Escuela de Ciudadanía for immigrants has returned. Now with more hours of training and full of novelties. The ultimate goal: to promote the empowerment of migrants so that they can be references in the Valencian Territory.
If you are an immigrant or the child of an immigrant, you have experience in collaborating with associative movements, and you want to become a leader to support the immigrant community, this school is the place to do it. A space to train you in the defense of diversity as a social value.
This initiative is led by Jovesólides and the Espai Obert el Marítim and ACOEC, who also participate as partners. Together we work to promote the social inclusion of immigrants and their active participation in Valencian society through training, personal empowerment and positive management of interculturality.
Who can participate?
This course has been designed for a group of 45 people from the Valencian Community. In addition to being immigrants or children of immigrants, they must have a high school diploma (homologation is not necessary), accredited experience in associative movements and an intermediate level of Spanish.
These are the training modules, a total of 36 hours (here you can consult the complete programme and the teaching staff:
- Module 1 - Political Participation and Activisim
- Leadership and effective communication (part 1)
- Social and political participation
- Leadership and effective communication (part 2)
- Module 2 - The right to healthcare for all
- The right to health for all migrants
- Experiences in community health in migrants
- Social innovation for inclusive health
- Module 3 - The right to cultural identity
- Cultural Identities in Diverse and Polarized Socieities
- Interculturality, mediation and coexistence
- Strategies for building a shared cultural identity
If you are interested in being part of the student body, you can register using this form to participate in the selection process. We remind you that there is a limited number of places, only 45 people will be able to access the training. The deadline for registration is 25 April.
To follow all the news of the project, funded by the Conselleria de Igualtat i Polítiques Inclusives, you can follow the hashtags #EscuelaDeCiudadanía on social media.